Life Care Center of Columbia, located near Fort Jackson in South Carolina, has easy access to the entire city. Our facility is minutes from shopping centers and many restaurants. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Columbia Convention and Visitors Bureau provides visitors to the city with a listing of events, attractions, hotels and restaurants available in the metropolitan area.
- The Columbia Marionette Theatre is dedicated to the art of puppetry, using mainly marionette puppets for each performance.
- The Riverbanks Zoo and Garden is home to more than 2,000 animals of 350 species including ostriches, koalas, lemurs, Amur tigers, kangaroos and penguins, as well as the endangered Bali mynah.
- The South Carolina Confederate Relic Room and Military Museum provides a history of South Carolina’s military history dating back to the Revolutionary War.
- Sesquicentennial State Park is located close to downtown, but once inside the 1,400 acres, visitors feel separated from the busy city. The park has areas for fishing, boating, camping, hiking and biking.